The Information Technology Security Manager will ensure that the risk to the organization’s information posed by a variety
of cyber threats (cyber-attacks; theft or corruption from within; etc.) is minimized. The IT Security Manager ensures that
when cyber-attacks occur or data are stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and
the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized. Job duties typically include planning and implementing
security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. Information security Manager will be expected to stay
up to date on the latest intelligence, including hackers' methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Monitor organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occurs.
• Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
• Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
• Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
• Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
• Help computer technicians, end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or
• Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs).
• To analyze and assess potential security risks, developing plans to deal with such incidents by putting measures in
place such as firewalls and encryption, monitoring and auditing systems for abnormal activity, and executing
• Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
• Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities, reporting violations.
• Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
• Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
• Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards
Information Security Specialist Skills
• Information Security Policies
• Data Leak Prevention
• Disk and File Level Encryption Solutions
• Ethical Hacking
• Forensic Analysis
• Governance, Compliance & Audit
• Identity & Access Management
• Incident Handling & Analysis
• Network Security
• Penetration Testing
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at every level and in every department are
essential. Candidates with certification in information security (CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM, etc.) or comparable work
experience will be given preference. Risk analysis/assessment experience a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server/Unix server required.
• Microsoft Project experience preferred.
• 5 -10 years of Experiences in reputed organizations